For many high schools, the High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a critical element of the application process. So with the High School Placement Test in full swing now, here are some helpful tips to share with your students:
- Read each question carefully and bubble in all answers on the answer sheet provided with a #2 pencil. Carefully erase any answer you wish to change.
- Each of the 5 sections is timed so pace yourself. Test administrators should announce when time is halfway completed to let you know if you are working at a pacer to complete the section.
- For each question, choose the best answer. If you are unsure of an answer, take your best guess. The number of items answered correctly determines your score. There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- Remember, calculators are not permitted in the Quantitative Skills & Math portions of the HSPT. Students may write in the test booklets or scratch paper should be provided to do your work.
- If time remains, go back and check your answers.
Hopefully these tips will allow for a successful HSPT testing. Please note, STS does not offer any type of prep material for the High School Placement Test.
Any questions, call our office at 1.630.766.7150.